IDAHO FALLS — Local and state law enforcement shut down several highways Thursday morning due to severe winter weather conditions.
The National Weather Service is reporting difficult roads throughout the region. Blowing and drifting snow is causing poor visibility on many eastern Idaho roadways. There are also slick patches of ice and snow.
As of 10 a.m. the following highways are closed:
- U.S. Highway 20 between Idaho Falls and the INL Puzzle
- U.S. Highway 20 between Ashton and the Montana border
- Idaho Highway 87 between Island Park and the Montana border
- Idaho Highway 32 between Ashton and Tetonia
- Idaho Highway 33 Newdale and Tetonia
It’s unclear when the highways will reopen.
For the latest road conditions visit 511 Idaho.
For the latest weather report visit the EastIdahoNews.com weather page.
The post UPDATE: Winter weather closes more highways in eastern Idaho appeared first on East Idaho News.
Source: Local News from EastIdahoNews.Com | UPDATE: Winter weather closes more highways in eastern Idaho